- Member Information
- Sign Up Process
- Contacting People
- Mobile App
- Membership Options
- The Bottom Line
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How does POF work?
- How much does POF cost?
- Can you tell me how to block someone on POF?
- How to delete a POF account
- How do I contact POF customer service?
- How does the app compare with the POF desktop version?
- How does Match vs POF compare?
- How does Tinder vs POF compare?
- How does Zoosk vs POF compare?
- How does POF vs okcupid compare?
Plenty of Fish is one of the oldest and most popular dating sites in the world, and possibly the most famous for mobile users. It’s also one of a small number of dating sites that lets its users send messages for free. However, there are still plenty of extra features for premium members.
So, I went ahead and signed up to experience the site as a free member, while remaining curious as to what I might get if I upgrade. After trying out numerous other dating sites to give you an in-depth review, I couldn’t help but take a site as well-known as Plenty of Fish for a spin. Read my POF review to find out about the sign-up process, what it’s like when contacting other members, and more.
- As one of the world’s most popular free dating sites, there’s a huge database of potential matches
- You can see who’s viewed your profile without having to upgrade
- A wealth of filtering options using “advanced search”
- An optional Chemistry Predictor that uncovers matches based on personal needs, sexual preferences, and psychology
- An Ultra-Match feature that enables you to find even more compatible matches based on one or more optional tests
- Find matches in or near your location by enabling the function in your phone settings
- As with any dating site, you’ll find lots of spam accounts
- Due to its large membership base, the competition is fierce
- Unless you upgrade, you can’t view extended profiles or see if your messages have been read